Today is the day! Two brand-new editions of the popular and well-liked COBUILD dictionaries are published.
To find out more about these dictionaries and what COBUILD stands for, why not browse our new COBUILD catalogue?
Authentic, accurate and up-to-date English
All of the explanations, examples and special features in COBUILD dictionaries are
based on the 4.5-billion-word database of the English language, the Collins Corpus.
This means that learners and teachers around the world can trust COBUILD to help
them speak and write accurate and up-to-date English. The corpus is updated every
month and has been at the heart of Collins COBUILD for over 25 years.
All COBUILD Dictionaries include:
- Full sentence definitions: All words and phrases are covered in depth and explained in full sentences to show words in context.
- Authentic examples: Real-life examples of English from the Collins Corpus show how words are used in everyday language.
- Up-to-date coverage of today’s English: COBUILD dictionaries are based on the constantly updated 4.5-billion-word database of today’s English language, the Collins Corpus.
- Frequency: The most important words are clearly labelled to indicate which words to learn first.
- Vocabulary-building features: All COBUILD dictionaries include a wide range of features to help learners use English with accuracy and confidence.